Wooden house construction
This project is all about you! The first step for you is to dream up your wonderful wooden house, cottage or holiday house.
We provide you the 3D model of your house – light framed or beamed- with the ground plan based on your sketch.
At this stage the 3D model still can be modified according to your needs .
One of the most outstanding advantages of the wooden houses is the short period of time (1-2 months) which lasts from the design until the construction.
Building wooden houses is not influenced by the weather conditions so we can build them all year around.
Due to its own weight the load-bearing ratio of the timber is large so we get larger living space.
Our wooden houses are constructed on the foundations which had been previously made by you. The proper moulding is as important as any other step of house building.
The stability and the look of the house greatly depends on the foundation! Not making it level can cause problems and cost increase! We suggest to insulate the foundation with a layer of bituminous felt. Water and sewage outlet must be placed in the finished foundation. We build your imagined house on that.
Your wooden house is constructed from pre-fabricated panels made at our factory.
To avoid or minimise problems or complications during assembly, we put the structure together at our site and send pictures to our customers about the process.
We arrive to the address with the carefully packed structure that includes floor, inner and outer wallpanels, doors, windows, insulation and roof structure.
We use 20mm thick marine-pine for flooring which is fixed to joists on the foundation. We apply seal or insulation under flooring.
The walls are made from 40 or 70 mm thick panels which are keyed together with grooves and faders. Minimal use of screws and nails is required during assembly.
To our customers’ request we can insulate both the walls and the roof area. To insulate, we use building standard materials with appropriate building foil to suit.
Wall-panels that we use are as follows:
- 40 mm thick, groove and fader fit panel, without insulation
- 70 mm thick, groove and fader fit panel, without insulation
- 40 mm thick grove and fader fit panel, with insulation
- 70 mm thick grove and fader fit panel, with insulation
- 90 mm thick grove and fader fit panel, with insulation
The photos below show the typical structure of a house for winter
Houses that we make, have the insulation factor U (W/m2K)) as follows:
- 40 mm thick panel + 50 mm thick insulation + 20 mm inside panelling, the value of U is 0.426
- 40 mm thick panel + 100 mm thick insulation + 20 mm inside panelling, the value of U is 0.265
- 40 mm thick panel + 150 mm thick insulation + 20 mm inside panelling, the value of U is 0.192
- 70 mm thick panel + 50 mm thick insulation + 20 mm inside panelling, the value of U is 0.368
- 70 mm thick panel + 100 mm thick insulation + 20 mm inside panelling, the value of U is 0.241
- 70 mm thick panel + 150 mm thick insulation + 20 mm inside panelling, the value of U is 0.179
- 90 mm thick panel + 50 mm thick insulation + 20 mm inside panelling, the value of U is 0.337
- 90 mm thick panel + 100 mm thick insulation + 20 mm inside panelling, the value of U is 0.227
- 90 mm thick panel + 150 mm thick insulation + 20 mm inside panelling, the value of U is 0.172
The type of the doors and windows can be traditional or double-glazed windows with rubber frame.
Inner doors can be full or glass inserted. In the case of the two- storey houses, visible beams are usually used.
The thickness of insulation is to customer’s expectations, and depends on the function of the house.
In the case of single storey houses, if there are no visible beams, the ceiling will look like in the double storey house. According to our experience, the most popular house type is approximately 50-100 m2, single storey, without mezzanine or attic. The most attractive element of these wooden houses is the visible ceiling beam structure.
Having visible ceilingbeam structure, has some advantages, such as:
- more economical, than other ceiling structures
- No need to have support, during construction
- it takes less time to construct it and it becomes one of the main elements of house, it can be also wainscotted
The visible ceiling beam structure consists of 3 elements:
- The row of load bearing beams, transfers its weight and the weight of the roof to the walls of the house structure
- The inbuilt gap, that has the insulation. To customer’s request we sound insulate as well
- Walking surface which is actually pine tree floor.
The pitch of the load-bearing beams are between 600-1000 mm. This provides a distance of 5-6 m distance between walls. Besides this, intermediate stand is needed to support to the structure.
With smart interior design, we could reduce the number of load-bearing beams.
The beams are visible from underneath, but covered from the roof side with 4cm thick wainscot. This kind of structure is applied when traditional Sekler houses are built.
The visible beams can be covered from underneath, if it is desired, creating a „false ceiling”.
One of the main phases of assembly is the roof covering.
The structure of the roof is very important, as its protects the house from the elements of nature and bears the load of snow weight, etc . The quality of the roof cover can be the shame or the pride of the owner.
We strongly suggest that you plan your house with good insulation that would provide you the ideal temperature in summer and winter.
A well-insulated house can save lot of money to its owner in long term.
The materials of roof covering and gutter are not part of the cost but we can provide useful information regarding it.
There are two types of roof coverings. One is fixed to the ridge, the other is the combination of ridge and rafter support. Most of the time the second option is used.
In special cases the roof structure is designed to suit the structure of the house.
The demonstrations below show different types of roof structures.
The panel cover roof structures have the following insulation values in U (W/(m2K))
20 mm cover plate +100 mm thick insulation +20 mm inner cover the value of U is 0.284
20 mm cover plate +150 mm thick insulation +20 mm inner cover the value of U is 0.202
20 mm cover plate +200 mm thick insulation +20 mm inner cover the value of U is 0.157
In general, we supply our products in nature form, but to request, we can treat the timer against pesticide and fungus.
If the dwelling treated with care, you can enjoy it for not only its natural beauty, but its comfort
We trust that our products help you to create comfortable lifestyle for you and your family.
All you need to do is to order your dream wooden house, and you can move in within 2 months.
Please contact us for a quote!